Friday, June 26, 2009

The most thoughtful gift....

Don't mind me looking so ugly! I had just gotten home from my night class and had no idea that this surprise was waiting for me!!


I received the most thoughtful gift that I have ever received. My anniversary present from my husband, was this darling Siberian cat (a Russian breed). It is the most precious kitty I have ever seen. I LOVE animals more than anything, but even more than the kitty, was the thought and effort that my husband made. I have been begging for a dog for the longest time. Our landlord wont allow dogs, so that was out of the question until we move. I am allergic to cats, so Jon researched to find a breed that was "non allergenic" which there is no such thing, but he did find that this particular breed supposedly has less of the hormone that produces the allergies. He had it shipped from Las Vegas (the poor cat has been hiding ever since the plane ride...it was so traumatized). I about had a heart attack when Jon told me how much money he spent on the cat, not including the shipping costs, food, etc. It is a very desirable breed.
I feel so incredibly loved. I feel like my husband wants to make me happy more than anything. I was completely shocked at this surprsie. It just made my heart melt....
I have not chosen a name yet. We want to give her a Russian name! :) Thank you so much Jon, it was the nicest thing EVER. We will be celebrating our year anniversary on Sunday. :)


5 comments:

Kristie said...

Aww that's awesome! Cute kitty!! You need to give Jon a Scooby snack for that! :D

Familly said...

Oh how nice is that! I didn't know they had that kind of breed, how awesome for you. Have a good Anniversary

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary!! Cute kitty too!

mommalove said...

Happy Anniversary! Your new kitty is soooo cute!
I am reading a book called Child 44. It is about Russia. They talk about a yard spirit called Dvoravoi. Parents told the children that if they misbehaved the spirit would steal them and turn them into bark.
Also a forest nymph called Rusalki. who would swing from trees and could tickle a man to death. I like Rusalki and you can call it Alki for short. Everyone has at least 1 alki in the family.

Colby-Paige Hargis said...

I love your new kitty!!! it's gorgeous! Jon did good. Kala and I love cats so much! We just had to put our Persian kitty down cause he had leukemia. It was so sad. But we will get another one someday soon cause I just love kitties! I hope your enjoying yours!