Sunday, November 9, 2008

Mexican Fiesta!

This was my salsa partner! He was a good sport and dressed up!




There were 5 couples that did the dance. We had so much fun!




This was our other dance. My teacher is in the black & white polka dots.


Here we are busting out our moves!


My friend and I gettin low!

Currently in my Spanish class we are learning the "food" category for vocabulary words. So to incoorporate something fun, we had a fiesta on friday. We were able to be waiters/waitresses to each other. The purpose of this was to practice ordering and taking orders in spanish. There was a variety of food like, salad, rice and beans, taquitos, quesadillas, chips and guacamole, salsa, enchiladas, etc. We even got to dress up! (some people that were party poopers didnt). After we ate we had some cultural activities. People got to show off their talents! Some sang, read poems, played musical instruments, and I was amongst the ones that danced! Ha ha. About a week ago I volunteered my friend and I to do the salsa! It was so much fun! We spent most of our time laughing at ourselves. At the end of the talent show, my teacher announced to everyone there was a surprise. Me, my friend, another girl in the class, and my teacher did a dance to a reggetone song (basically mexican rap). This was all my teachers idea, so we had to do it. I think we looked like idiots, but oh well. It was a fun experience I will never forget!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wowzah!! i'm seein four wonders of the world in this pic! shake it girl!

Krystin said...

haha!! brings back good ol' memories of dancing in our living room...and on tables....looks like you are having a BLAST!

DELYNN said...

How fun! I wish I could take a spanish class, and actually be dedicated to it! Tell Jon happy veteran's day and thank you so much for both of your sacrafices for our country and freedoms!

Harward Family said...

It looks like you had a great time doing the salsa! that is so funny how Jon thought Brooklyn was 3 that made me laugh pretty hard! I miss you!

Familly said...

Wow! Look at you! That looks like fun, I've never done that kind of dancing! It's probably a good workout too!

mommalove said...

Atta Girl!

Anonymous said...

alayna, this is your mother speaking...keep it G rated, girl...(regarding previous comment)
love,
mom