Monday, November 17, 2008

Keepin' up with traditions!


Remember these?? The cheap little advent calenders with the not so good quality chocolates behind the doors? They bring back so many memories for me! Now a days, most people have good sturdy wooden advent calenders that are so adorable. Well, I decided to stick with the tradition that I grew up with all my life! I LOVED and looked forward to each new day being able to open a door and eat the chocolate. I remember even somedays sneaking more than one. I could not resist buying these. I probably wont even eat the chocolates, but wanted to continue my family tradition! (And im making jon do it too. What 30 year old REALLY wants a chocolate calender??)

10 comments:

Natalie said...

Haha, i remember those. I didnt know you could still buy that. When i was little i would eat the chocolates. I havnt hag them for a long time so i wonder if they would taste different know?

Anonymous said...

Yeah...sure...tell the world your mom is a cheapskate! All the other neighborhood moms buy the See's Chocolates version...your mom buys the chocolates made in Pakistan...!

Anonymous said...

psst...(whispering)..so where did you get them cuz I have to buy some for Danny, Becky and Alayna again this year...?!

Harward Family said...

I love those count downs I remember them when I was a kid! I should buy one for Brooklyn and eat them ha ha ha!

PS I love reading your mom's comments they always brighten my day because she is so stinken funny so tell her to keep on writing so I can entertain my self ha ha ha

Kristie said...

Michelle's mom, I've seen them at Cracker Barrel!!!!

Kristie said...

Dude everything with me is super scaled down compared to your festivities. So yeah I have much less to worry about.

The rings arrived in the mail when I posted that blog but now they are getting resized because they are a quarter size too small. We also had to get the main diamond set in the ring because we bought them separate. So now I won't get them until Friday - they are having that stuff done at Fred Meyer in the Newgate mall. Now I can't wait until Friday! :D

Kristie said...

And hey, I loved your festivities!! We just don't have the money for a big wedding, and I'd rather it go into my ring haha. :D

Jonny Love said...

Stop feeding me chocolate... I'm getting fat... I mean big boned!

Jonny Love said...

I don't get it... It's not even December yet and no where near Christmas and I'm all ready out of chocolate.

Love said...

You must be dreaming it, just like you were dreaming that someone stole your motorcycle!