Thursday, November 13, 2008

Finally..Finally...Finally!!!






Jon and I have been been lacking some furniture since we got here in September. One thing that we had been in need of was a kitchen table. Every night when we would eat dinner, Jon would sit at his computer desk, and i would sit on the love sac. It has not been horrible by any means, but we have been keeping our eye out for the perfect kitchen table. A lot of my decor happens to be black, and the love sac is tan so I knew I wanted a black kitchen table. We would look on craigslist every week for something, but a lot of it was either junk, ugly, or too expensive. Over the holiday weekend, I was searching on craigslist and found this table!! We went to see it, loved it, and brought it home! It matches perfectly! And is adding so much character to our bare home. LOL. When we were in Thailand on our honeymoon, I picked up some beautiful vases and bowls. The table matches perfectly with my bowl from Thailand! I am so happy. I have found it is best to wait for something you will love. Not just something you settle for. Especially when you have to pay. Our table was 200 dollars, which was a reasonable price. I am also so happy the chair pads (which are made out of microfiber) are tan! I mean all I was asking for was solid black, but black and tan is even better!

8 comments:

Jonny Love said...

Nice table... you are a wonderful wife!

Kristie said...

About your comment... GIRL I GIVE YOU EVERY TINY BIT OF CREDIT!! lol

I love your table. I'd pick something like that.

mommalove said...

I love the table and it looks so elegant with the bowl. I love bowls! Love, Momma Love

Kristie said...

Haha no baby surprises. I took grandma Rosie posey there and to all the other places. Come on now, Cracker Barrel should have been a dead give away that she was with me haha. jk.

See you soon!

Anonymous said...

So, now all you need is a basket in the middle of the table to catch all the clutter, old mail, unpaid bills, coupons you never will use, broken and dismembered toys and action figures, old candy wrappers, lost untensils...oh, wait...you don't have kids or teenagers yet! What am I sayin'? Oh, well--all that clutter will be something to look forward to one day!!

Melissa said...

Your table and bowl are way cute!

LeChem Fam said...

Hey! I am glad that you found my blog. It sounds like you are doing GREAT! It has been a long time since I have seen you. I hope you are having so much fun in California. Anyway, we'll have to keep in touch via the blogs (even though I am a really bad blogger).

Ari

Toph and Brittany said...

Cute table! It sounds like you are having fun there. It's so much fun being married, isn't it! So you know I am very excited about the movie! I am actually going to the midnight showing on Thursday night! I know I am a nerd!