Saturday, October 11, 2008

What's gotten into me??


I have no idea!! The other day Jon had to attend something on base after school, I knew he would not be home for several hours so I came home and thought I would attempt to make dinner. I ended up making chicken enchiladas and they turned out GREAT!! They were very easy to make. Needless to say, Jon was very surprised to see me cooking when he got home. He had the idea that he would be coming home from a long day to be the one to make dinner. It doesn't end here.... The same night I ended up making brownies and chocolate chip cookies. How original huh. I actually made them because one of the students in my class had a birthday. I am the only married women in the class, and I had to act like I was the homemaker in the class. Ha Ha! So I spent the evening over the stove cooking. It was actually fun! I think I like cooking....as long as I feel like I know how. Anyway, I brought a whole container of my goodies to school and everyone seemed to like them. Well, so they say. A few of my instructors even had a taste! I think next time I will try and make something a little more creative though. I just made what I had ingredients for. I think I'm on a roll!!!

2 comments:

Harward Family said...

I am glad that you are enjoying cooking and I am sure Jon loves it as well. I have never been a cooker and we have almost been married 4 years....maybe when Brooklyn is old enough to eat with us I will be better. I love your bowls where did you get them?? I think my mom has the same ones ??

Natalie said...

Michelle i love your decorations! Very cute. I just have to say that i am the same way about cleaning while i cook, and there is nothing wrong with it ;). I am so bad... I get done eating and then start cleaning before jason is even done. I am basically waiting for him to finish so i can put his plate in the dish washer.