Sunday, October 12, 2008

Dude, Where's My Car??


It would be wrong if I DIDN'T feel embarrassed after admitting this, but I thought I would give you a laugh. To make a LONG story short(er)..... I park in the same spot everyday at school. I'm not the type to drive in circles hoping a closer one will open up. So I just head to the one I know will be open everyday even though it is not the closest to my class. (and I have to walk uphill to get to class. Ouch! I must be out of shape). Well, the other day I was headed to "my spot" when I happened to see one closer available, so I parked there instead. When lunch time came, I started walking to my car, forgetting I had parked somewhere else. When I reached the spot, I was in complete shock to see that the car was GONE! This could not be possible! The only other person with a key is Jon. I immediately called him while he was in class, in a panic I asked if he had taken the car for some reason (he rides his motorcycle to school). He said No. I thought he was teasing me. There was just no way possible it could just disappear! My next thought is that maybe it had gotten towed for some reason. I didn't believe it would have been possible for someone to steal it because Hello! It is a military base!! I kept asking Jon over and over "Are you kidding me Jon?" He definitely was not. I even asked him "Where would it have gone??"(I made it sound like it just got up and left!) He told me to re think about where I parked in the morning, was it possible I could have parked somewhere else? I said "No! I ALWAYS park here!" (At this point, it STILL had not hit me! I am such an idiot!!) After a few more minutes, and feeling like the biggest loser in the world, I realized I HAD parked somewhere else! I cannot believe that after 15 minutes and Jon asking if I had parked somewhere else, it did not register in my head! I felt so stupid. Of course Jon told his whole class too..... The moral of the story.. Just park in the same spot everyday even if there is one closer!! (Or your car might mysteriously disappear!)

4 comments:

Harward Family said...

That is the best story ever!!!! I think that is something I would do...I miss you and hanging out together:(

Natalie said...

That is pretty funny thanks for a good laugh. I think though in high school that happened a couple times to.

Ashley said...

Hey how are you? I remember the first day of uvsc, I parked my car and when I came out the parking lot was all the way full and I think I looked for over an hour! From that point on I parked in the same place!

Amy said...

HAHAHAHA!!HAHAHAHAHA!!HAHAHAH!A!HAHAHAHAHA!HAHA!!HAHA!HAHAHAH!AHAHA!!HAHA!!HAHAHAH!!HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!HAHAHA!HAHA!HAHAHAHA!HAHAHAH!!!HAHAHAHAH!!!HAHAHAHAHAHA!!HAHAHA!HAHA!HAHAHAHA!HAHAHAH! :o)