Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Tribute to our Kitty.....

This kitty LOVED Jon. She was always with him and was his companion while he did his math homework.


Sleeping on Jon's homework......


Jon even developed some allergies, nothing compared to mine however........


Jon and Kitty at the computer


She has the most beautiful blue eyes and little face


Jon's lap is her bed lol





Sleeping behind the computer




And THIS, THIS is the reason we had to sell my kitty. Here is my nightstand. This is no joke. I would clean it up every morning, and by the next morning it would look like this again covered in tissues. I had to buy athsma medication, 24 hour allergy medication, and sinus congestion reliever!!! And this is just living in the same house as the cat, I could not even interact with her! It's been only 2 weeks and I have been so miserable with allergies. We tried a few different things to help, we even bought an air filter for the house. We kept the litter box outside, and tried not to let her in our bedroom. However, just being in the same house made my allergies explode.
We are both so sad. Jon loved this cat, and the cat loved Jon. Since I could not be around her, Jon was her companion. We found a local family that wanted her really badly, so we sold her to them. I hope she loves her new family. She was the sweetest thing I have ever met.

14 comments:

Kristie said...

Awww, I'm so sorry. :( That's sad. ((((((hugs)))))) She was so beautiful too!

I was actually afraid you were going to type that she got out and got run over by a car or something.

That just happened to Grandma Rose's & Uncle Ray's cat Punkin a few days ago. :( Ray-ray is soooo sad. They buried her in the back yard.

Kristie said...

Wow, when I get bored I go into STALKER mode. I found the online classified ad for the kitty. Jon is so funny in it!! haha

But yeah, it's still sad that you had to rehome her. :( I really love cats and have had PLENTY but I don't think I ever want to go back to having cat hair all over everything. I don't like to vacuum as it is haha.

Jen Meecham said...

Oh I'm so sorry guys. She is the sweetest! I'm sure her new family will love her to pieces. Thanks for mailing that souvenir, and I will mail you a check when I get it.

DELYNN said...

So sad! i am so sorry. such a thoughtful idea though. At least she is in a good home, and you can start breathing again :)
And Happy anniversary, that went by fast. Hope you have an incredible second year

Amy said...

Oh sad! Those pictures with Jon were the cutest thing ever! I wish we could get a cat, but it would be the same thing for me too. Allergies suck!

Natalie said...

Oh my. That is so sad she really was a pretty cat. I am glad that you can breath again. Collin is allergic to cats as well and it is sad to see what it does to him so quickly so i can only imagine what you were like. :(

Unknown said...

Sorry about your kitty! I was hoping that it would work out with all the research Jon did for it. Oh well, I guess you'll just have to have a baby. :)

Melissa said...

That's so sad. It's not fun having to give away a pet.

Mark and Amber said...

Ugh...I have the same allergies - how sad! Congrats on your anniversary! WE ARE coming to see you, just wanted to let you know! ;) We can't wait and are so sad we missed last weekend...BTW, we tagged you on our blog yesterday Michelle! =)

Erica Yates said...

I'm sorry! I know how much you loved that little one! I'm glad it went to a good home though.

ashleydox said...

Oh - I'm so sorry! That's so sad!
I promise - the first set of puppies we get from Zoey, you get first pick!
Come back to Utah soon!!
We miss you!

Kristie said...

Shane is here, and then he isn't here, then he's here again lol. The bigger I get the more I want him here because I can do less and less lol.

Here I am trying to move furniture around by myself and take things downstairs to the basement for storage and I'm thinking, "Man I wish I had a clone of Shane so I could have one at home all the time to help me," lol.

I miss him!!! Oh and I also want him to spray to get rid of all these bugs. We're being invaded by silverfish of all things. Yucky! I'm not supposed to mess with bug spray/other chemicals so I can't do it.

Jen Meecham said...

I got the souvenir yesterday. Thanks so much for mailing it.

Harward Family said...

I am so sad that you have to give her away but you can not be miserable with your allergies. It looks like you had so much fun for the fourth. I loved your boots with shorts very cute:)