Monday, July 6, 2009

Creative Anniversary Cake!!

Ok so balloons are WAY more expensive here in Calif. I found out after it was too late and I had already had them all blown up! 50 bucks on BALLOONS! Gah!!

You can't tell in this picture, but I tied the balloons onto the chairs. I bought conffetti and sprinkeled it all over the awesome orange tablecloth! The centerpiece of the table was a cake that my great friend Angela made! She makes cakes and so she made this for Jon!!


I picked a shirt that Jon loves and had her replicate it CAKE style! ha ha! It was a GREAT match actually. She did so good!!

I told Jon to put on his Harley shirt before he got to see the cake! I also bought his 2 favorite ice cream flavors from Baskin Robins, Rocky Road and Peanut butter chocolate!


We thought the cake was awesome! I didn't want to even cut it :(
If anyone is in Cali, and wants an awesome cake for whatever reason, my friend is so great! Thanks so much Angela! We can't wait for more cakes!! :)

9 comments:

Natalie said...

That cake looks amazing. I wouldn't want to eat it either. I cant believe those balloons were so expensive. I cant believe it has already been a year that went by so fast. Happy First.

Jen Meecham said...

That is the coolest cake ever! You came up with a cute idea.

Jen Meecham said...

Oh-and I forgot to tell you, I took the plunge and made a blog:
themeechams.blogspot.com
Thanks for the inspiration!

Toph and Brittany said...

Congratulations! You hit the 1 year mark. The cake is awesome! If I lived in California I would definitely get a cake from your friend.

Kristie said...

I don't even want to take the class anymore. I want to focus on getting this house fixed up to sell it (or possibly rent it out) and just get ready for the baby.

Shane and I really want to move away from Utah - well maybe me more than him. I'd really like to be by my friend Erika. She is going to Physician Assistant school in Henderson, NV (near Las Vegas). It's far enough away but not too far lol.

They have so many houses less than 5 years old for under $100,000 - NICE places. I'm drawn there. Our stupid house was built in 1928 and cost about the same. Blah.

Harward Family said...

LoVe the cake it turned out amazing! I can't believe that it has been one year:) I missed not being able to see you when I was in Utah!

Spider Mama said...

Nice cake, nice blog :)

Amy said...

HOLY COW! You have been married a YEAR!!! Wow, time sure goes by fast! That's so cute what you did for Jon, and that cake is amazing! I wish I could bake like that...poor Ella got a crappy and very ugly plain round birthday cake, lol. Happy First Anniversary!!

Erica Yates said...

That is so awesome! I'll have to remember that for when I try to make Isaac a cake...