Saturday, December 6, 2008

Oakland Temple Trip, and lunch in San Fran


Oakland Temple




This is a stake center located on the temple grounds, this is where we babysat the kids.




Temple Grounds. I love the trees. Don't let them fool ya, it was freezing outside.




San Fransisco









Jon and I in an Italian restaurant for lunch (recognize this pose from our "date night mexican dinner" post, we attempt to take our own photos, so Jon is holding the camera and we try to squish in to fit. ha ha)




Part of the Italian Sector in San Fran



Jon and I had a very eventful day today! About a month ago, we were asked by our bishop to help watch the children in our ward so their parents could attend the temple for ward temple day. We arrived to the Oakland temple(which is about an hour and a half away from our home) around 9:00 this morning and were there until about 1:30 in the afternoon. There were a lof of wild children, and a big mess to clean up after! But it was a good experience. Oakland is close to San Fransisco, so we decided to go and get some lunch. Jon took me to lunch at an Italian restaurant in the Italian sector of the city. It was fun to walk around and eat some good food! (even though it was cold outside!) We were glad we were able to spend the whole day together, as well as do some service for our ward.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That is a fantastic idea for people to watch kids! We have been trying to plan a trip to the temple, but its so hard to get a babysitter and then pay them! Would it count as your wards service if you came up here and watched our kids while we go to the temple?

Colby-Paige Hargis said...

You guys are so nice to go babysit! I did that soooo long ago for the temple, I can't even remember! It wasn't that fun, so you guys are extra nice to take the time to do that. Oh and I'm sure that Jon is like, oh my gosh I never want kids!! Now that you have done that, cause all guys seem to not like other snot nose kids, ha ha! But it's sooooo different when it's your own, I PROMISE!!!!!!

Melissa said...

Thats a good picture of that temple

Natalie said...

I love that temple it is so pretty. Michelle are you so desperate to have children you will drive almost two hours just to watch them. :) If that is the case i wont mind shipping mine out so can watch them. Just kidding... that is really nice of you to watch all of the kids. I dont think i would of. I wish we lived closer. Maybe we just need to come visit.

Kristie said...

Yeah I didn't expect any pics to be taken from that day. Nana sprung the camera on the county clerk at the last minute. Bill is going to take better pics on the 23rd. :D ...I hope. :D

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.