Sunday, February 1, 2009

Spanish Immersion

Me, Our Spanish teacher from Cuba, and my best friend Cris!

The food table!
Cristina and I doing some kind of dance..lol

Senior Petzol and I dancing!
Somos mejores AMIGAS!!



This is a video clip of 3 students and 3 teachers dancing! (I'm not really sure what my friend is doing at the very end of this clip, I guess we were just hyper!)

About 2 weeks ago, I was able to attend a Spanish Immersion with my spanish class. It was so much fun! It was an overnight event, so we got to stay in some barracks on the Old Fort Ord base about 15 minutes away from school. The idea of the Immersion was to ONLY speak spanish for the 2 days straight. We were NOT allowed to speak any english whatsoever! It was difficult at times, and of course all of us slipped and would speak english here and there. There were activities, games, dancing, music, and mexican food! It was so much fun! I came out of there being able to speak MUCH better than before the Immersion! It's funny...I found myself starting to think all the time in spanish a few weeks ago, and now the past few nights I have been DREAMING in spanish!! HA HA!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like you are having a great time Senora Love! Hey, we are going to be in Anaheim this Sat.
14th through the next Saturday. Feel like taking a drive?
We have our own condo and you are welcome to stay with us if you can make the trip. Tell Jon to cal Matt.