Saturday, February 28, 2009

My sister is here!!!

We made a little stop at the Ghirardelli chocolate shop!!


More JUNK FOOD! This shop was called "Candyland" I wonder why??? lol



We got a bunch of different flavored taffy that we had never seen before! We got 2 of each flavor so we could both try them! A few that we go were: Cinnamon roll, gingerbread, pumpkin pie, raspberry lemonade, honey, egg nog, key lime, red licorice, guava, juicy pear, huckleberry, hot chocolate, cotton candy, chocolate chip cookie, mint chocolate chip, pineapple, etc. They were fun to sit and eat when we got home! ha ha!



Walking down Cannery Row to check out the shops!



Of course we HAD to stop by the Harley Davidson shop too!



We ate dinner in downtown Monterey. The food was ok, but the dessert was EVEN BETTER. They had so many vareties of cakes, brownies, pies, cookies, etc. We chose the oreo brownie and a lemon cake that was SO good. It was like 8 layers!

My wonderful sister Alayna is here visiting me! She arrived on Thursday night and will be here until Monday. We have been able to do a lot so far. Jon was gone for an overnight trip with army to practice shooting out in the field, so we were able to have some girl time! We did miss Jon, but we still had fun! I took her around Monterey, and some other nearby cities. We did shopping, ate at different places, went site seeing, and went to the aquaruim! We had a lot of fun. We brought my friend from school on our little shopping trip! Alayna was also able to go to Jon's class at school for a couple hours on friday, to see what it is like and to see what we do everyday. I introduced her to some of my spanish teachers, and showed her my class. It has been great having her here! My family will all be coming out in not too long, to see me graduate! Im excited to see them all!

8 comments:

Melissa said...

Sounds like fun. All that taffy looks so yummy. I want some.

Jessica, McKay, Riley & Kayden said...

That is so cool that she could come out and spend time with you. I bet it was nice to have family around. It looks like you went to some cool places. That is great that you are almost ready to graduate. Congrats!!

Familly said...

That's so fun you got to see your sister. I cannot believe that candy store, that's amazing. How awesome that you are graduating soon!

Natalie said...

I use to get taffy all the time when we went to go visit my grandma, she lives near sanfransico. It looks great. Congratulations on graduating soon. It must feel so good to be almost done.

Mommason Hillary said...

Sorry to be stalking your blog - I'm Ashley Dox's mom - and I just wanted to say how cute you two are. Wow - Dr Love - you married up (:!! I believe I met you at La Costa where I tried to assault you because Mike said I could! I wanted to tell you thank you for always checking in with Ashley. You always cheer her up. She loves you guys and can't wait to see you again. Thanks for the 'love'. (: Dox's mom in law...

Unknown said...

Wow, what a great time for sisters! That candy store looks great, I can't even imagine taking my kids in there, I'd never get them out! Congrats on graduating soon!

The Collins Family said...

Michelle, I cant believe how grown up Alayna is. Its always fun to have sista time!

aLaYnA said...

Oh my gosh! You picked all the pictures where I look like a man! lol Lets hope we get some better ones when I come out! See ya soon! love ya!