Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Too lucky to be HERE!











This past Sunday Jon and I decided to take a drive and enjoy nature. It was a beautiful day in Monterey and we are just too lucky to be able to live within walking distance of the ocean. I feel like most days I take it for granted. We drove south of Monterey, Jon wanted to get some good pictures. He loves photography! We stopped on some high peaks where we could see down to the ocean, and then we walked down to the ocean to take more pictures and enjoy the day. I was sitting on a blanket watching and listening to the waves, just relaxing. I have learned that Jon will do ANYTHING to get a good picture. Earlier in the day he was on edges of cliffs trying to get good shots, and when we got to the ocean he took his camera and tri-pod into the ocean, dodging waves, to get some good shots. Notice in the pics Jon holding it up in the air to prevent it from getting wet. At one point I looked over and saw Jon holding up and empty tri-pod, while searching for "something missing" in the ocean. HAHAHAHA! And then I saw him trudging back with a wet and ruined camera filled with sand. I told him I didnt feel bad because sometimes he does "stupid" or "risky" things JUST to get a picture! Aw, poor guy. Now he needs a new camera.

5 comments:

Natalie said...

That is so sad, my mom did the same thing and she tried to take it in to repair it but the ocean water is so strong she had to buy a new one. Michelle, i am so jealous of your view i would love to live there right by the ocean. I bet you guys will be loving the summers. I think that i will have to come visit you soon ;)

Jonny Love said...

Send all donations to Monterey, CA... all checks payable to "The foundation to help stupid people!"

Let this be a lesson to all... if you are going to do something stupid, make sure your wife isn't there or she'll make it 100 times worse with her mockery and of course telling everyone!

Love U Babe!

Unknown said...

You live in the prettiest place! I wish I was there. I hope you can fix your camera. I dropped my phone in a sink full of water and it still works, so maybe you can fix it.

Harward Family said...

I love the pictures that Jon took...to bad about his camera though. What a beautiful place to live.

Love said...

I'm proud to say that I am actually the one that took these pictures! Jon did take others, of which I think he was able to salvage. But these were taken with my own great photography skills! Watch out Jon! You may have competition here!!!