Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Welcome to California!



Well, we fianlly made it here to California! We arrived early early Monday morning to Monterey, CA. Right now we are staying with one of Jon's friends until we move into our new place. We actually found a place today, and I am so excited to move in and get to finally decorate my very own place! It was stressful trying to find a place, so I am very glad its done and over with! You would not believe the beautiful ocean views from here! When you drive on the freeway instead of seeing buildings and trees, you see the Ocean! Great views from everywhere! We live in the cutest little city. I love the atmosphere here. There are little streets with coffee shops and bakeries on every corner. Little boutiques and surf shops. So adorable! Every Tuesday evening they have what is called The Farmer's Market. Everyone has their stands set up in the street selling fresh fruits and veggies, homemade jams and jellys, honey and bread, candles etc. I am so excited to go on an evenings walk and buy yummy fresh foods!
We will be unpacking this weekend, and starting school next week. I am finally ready to have a normal consistant routine on a daily basis. Jon and I have a list of goals that we want to get in a habit of doing. Luckily, there is a huge gym where we will be going to school, and we want to start working out together. Ha Ha.
I will add pictures of our Apartment asap! What an adventure we are on!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay, I can finally look up your blog, and the comments finally show up!! Good for you. I'm glad you guys got there okay and that you found a place to live. I'll bet its beautiful there. I love Farmer's Markets!! They kind of suck here in Clearfield, but I bet its way nice there. I'm so glad that you will have a blog so that we can keep in touch. I know Matt will miss Jon too. q

Harward Family said...

I am so glad that I can finally look at your blog:) It is so pretty where you are at! I would love to come and visit you when you get all settled in.I hope that you are not to home sick! miss you!

Natalie said...

Oh y i am so Jealous! I love the ocean, and all the views. That is so good you found a place, especially starting school next week. So how far are you from the ocean? Cant wait to see pictures of the new home :)

Unknown said...

"Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale."

This is the quote that I saw that I was telling you guys about at your house. You probably don't remember, I was sort of rambling on, but everything was little except the LOVE and its was huge in a pretty font. They did it and it was in vinyl lettering. Michelle, I thought that you would like it. Now everytime I see something cute with Love in it I think of you.

Krystin said...

Yay I can finally comment on your cute blog!! Your pics are so beautiful.... it looks like you and Jon are having a wonderful first year being married!! It only gets better from here! We'll have to come see you or vice versa while we are closer than normal... how far is Monterray from LA?

Kristie said...

Aww, you will fit right in there in Monterey. You appreciate all the things I didn't care about in Santa Barbara (I think the two places are similar). See, when I went to the farmers market ON TUESDAYS lol, all I noticed were the hobos asking for handouts haha. I'm glad you like it there!