Thursday, February 11, 2010

My little Lucky Charm!!

On Tuesday night we went to dinner for my nephews B-day. Like any other day, we took the dogs over to my in laws since they have a fenced yard, and dropped them off while we went to celebrate. A few hours later we went back and picked them up, ready to go home to bed. They were both in the backyard when we got them, but Dobby came in limping, holding his front left leg up. We looked at it and saw an abrasion on his leg where some skin and fur had been scraped off. We knew it was not a dog bite, so I started to think maybe he tried to squeeze through the fence to the neighbors yard. I later got a phone call from my mother-in-law. The neighbor from across the street came over to report: Dobby was RUN over by a car!! Now when I say run over, I mean he was under the car as it drove over him. The women driving said she "ran over" him, but did not feel a "thump". She got out to check and Dobby stood there in shock for a minute and then ran off. Somehow Dobby managed to stay between the tires!! She left her name and number at the neighbors house, because she was worried about him and wanted me to call her and let her know if he was ok. How nice huh?? We took Dobby to the vet the next morning. Not one broken bone! Only a few scrapes. Can you say miracle?? I am still in shock that my little Dobby only had a few scrapes. Someone was looking out for us....
The vet said "He must have good luck because he has a 4 leaf clover collar." I thought that was cute! And now he is my little Lucky Charm!!



Here is Dobby with his legs wrapped up in the Camoflauge Gauze that they gave us at the vet. Poor guy is holding his hurt leg up.


Dobby wearing his "lucky" four leaf clover collar.

5 comments:

Familly said...

Oh I am so glad he's ok! He is lucky!!!!

Harward Family said...

I am so glad that he is okay!!!!

Unknown said...

That is so sad! That is so good he didn't get hurt.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I read about it some days ago in another blog and the main things that you mention here are very similar