Sunday, July 1, 2012

A day and a half with no electricity.......


.....is NOT fun!!!!
We were one of the millions here on the East Coast, that was hit by the awful storm (of which, there was NO warning whatsoever)! Friday night the electricity went out. Saturday EVERYONE had the same idea, "Let's go to breakfast and to the mall since we don't want to sit in our house with no AC!" A few spots here and there didn't have problems with power lines. No one wanted to sit at home in their sweltering hot houses, so everyone was out and about, trying to cool off in public places! At home: No TV. No internet. No phone. No computer. Nothing!! I found myself so bored, I sat and colored in Scarlett's Tangeled coloring book for an our while she took a nap! Last night it was SO hot. I got no sleep. The dogs were even panting IN the house. Ahhhhh!!!! Power wasn't supposed to be on till Monday, or even Wednesday this next week. BUT, luckily, around 9 am, the power in our neighborhood turned back on!! Hallelujiah!!! I am SO glad. Living with no electricity in this heat and humidity, is AWFUL!!! Yay for electricity!!!! (I don't think I will ever take it for granted again)

News story HERE

No comments: