Wednesday, April 28, 2010

As of Late..

I am oficially the world's worst blogger. I went on a wonderful vacation to Spain, and have not even posted pictures yet! Well, in all fairness, we took so many pictures I feel overwhelmed and dont even know where to start! I know, bad excuse. But I promise, they will come!!!
We have had a lot going on lately and also have some major upcoming events!!

-On April 12th, Jon turned 32!! What can I say? I love being married to a mature and stable man! ;)

-We have started putting up our fence! Yay! No more stress and anxiety about the dogs having near death experiences!

-Our good friend from Monterey came to visit us! Leigh and her husband became very good friends with Jon and I out at DLI when we lived in California. She is headed to the East Coast to live, while her husband is at military training in Texas. She was so nice to stop and visit some ol' friends in Utah. We love you!!

-I got promoted to assistant manager at work! This was a HUGE compliment of all the effort I put into my job. I am SO excited for this new position. And hey! When does a little extra money hurt?

-On a depressing note, Jon will be deploying to Iraq at the end of June, until next MAY. :( What on earth am I EVER going to do with myself? I could go on and on about how I am dreading this, but I'm not going to. I will be supportive of him, and try to get through it.

-On a happier note, Jon and I are getting SEALED in the Bountiful temple on June 10th. We could not be more excited. We can't wait. It's been a long time comin'!

-In July, I am going with Jon's family to the 'Kings of Leon' concert!! :)

-My family is planning a trip (cross your fingers) this fall. We are hoping for Italy this time!

-A trip for me to North Carolina to visit my one and only 'amiga' from my spanish class, Cristina. Hopefully I will be going in July!

These are just a few things that have been keeping us extra busy, and that is another reason I have not posted, OR commented on other people's blogs!
I will do better! I promise!

'TIll next time.....

9 comments:

Unknown said...

How come I didn't know you guys are getting sealed? Sheesh!! Did you tell me and I can't remember? I'm pretty sure I would have remembered THAT!! I am soooo excited for you guys. Don't worry about being lonely, you can just hang out with us. Or I'll just send Cooper to hang out with you! He'd think that he'd died and gone to heaven! Lots of fun trips for you though.

PS congrats on the promotion!! YOu deserve it!

Erica Yates said...

A) YAY GETTING SEALED! It's such an amazing experience, totally awesome.

B) Congrats on the promotion! I'm sure you deserved that and more!

C) Booooo deployment. But hey, we knew it when we married em, eh? Still doesn't make it easier, but I'm glad you're supportive. Isaac and I are here to help with anything you need.

D) Yay fence! We're trying to get ours in right now too...

Keep on, keepin on! I'm glad you had fun in Spain!

Kali said...

oh man! almost a year jon will be gone?! you're amazing! i couldn't do that! we are moving back to utah in a couple months. I'll keep you company. :)
and congrats on getting sealed. thats so exciting!

Familly said...

Wow looks like you've been busy! That's so awesome you guys are going to be sealed. And sorry he's being deployed, You will get through it, you're a strong person.

DELYNN said...

Congrats on getting sealed! what an awesome experience. I am so sad to hear about Jon being deployed. Thank you so much for your personal sacrifice for our country! You are way stronger and supportive than I ever could be. Whenever you make it down to Utah county, we should do lunch or something. :)

Kristie said...

That's awesome that you Assistant Manager now!!! KEWL!!! And congrats!!

Hey with Shane's first marriage they were sealed in the Temple. They don't have to get unsealed do they? lol You must teach me these things. :D

I don't have a clue when you work otherwise I'd be bugging you more often. You can text me/call me anytime if you are ever bored & want to hang out either now, or after Jon leaves.

The older Parker gets the more I like taking her places instead of just staying home all day. But you know me, I'm not very outgoing. I always wait for others to reach out to me, instead of me reaching out to them. It's something I'm trying to change about myself!!! But text me any time!!

~Kristie

Jaeme + Randy said...

A few things...congrats on getting sealed! It is SO awesome you will love it.

I'm sorry your hubby is getting deployed :( I hope it goes fast for you! I can't imagine how hard that would be for me...you are a great wife!

Good job on the new job! How exciting!

Natalie said...

Michelle, I am so excited that you guys are going to be sealed!
I am sorry that Jon will be gone for so long. I will be there in June so maybe we can get together before he goes.

Mark and Amber said...

Yay for all your news! Especially getting SEALED...we are SO happy for you guys!

Mark gets home from WOCS on May 12th - let's do something - he's gone again already for WOBC on June 16th...we love you guys!

Come hang out with me while he's on deployment - I'll have lots of time, especially until September!